Error processing SSI file
Acceptable Use Policy
Hoffman Estates High School
Hoffman Estates High School
Computer Network Use for Students
High School District 211 provides access to
educational and informational resources for students via
computers in classrooms, laboratories, media centers, and
offices. These computers are part of a local and wide area
network designed to assist students in the learning process.
High School District 211 owns and operates the computer network
and, therefore, reserves the right to search and examine any
district-owned storage media.
High School District 211 provides no assurance of privacy for information transmitted via the network or contained in district-owned storage media including, but not limited to, electronic mail. Use of the services provided by District 211 is a privilege that can be revoked.
Student Network Access
Access to the district’s computer network is controlled through user identification names and passwords. This information will be provided to you by your teachers and/or media staff in your school.
The District 211 Network exists for students to access educational and informational resources for, and in support of, educational and research purposes related to their coursework. The network may only be used for lawful, non-commercial activities in support of these purposes. Students may use the network in conjunction with assigned classroom activities or assignments consistent with these purposes.
Unacceptable uses prohibited by District 211 policy include the following:
- Actions which violate District 211 policy; the policies of organizations operating other computers or networks accessed via the Network; or local, state or federal laws;
- Interference with, or the disruption of, Network use by other users;
- Creation and/or propagation of unsolicited advertising, political lobbying, chain letters, pyramid schemes, computer worms, viruses, or other vandalism: (Vandalism is defined as an attempt to harm or destroy data of another user, the
- Internet or any other network.) This includes, but is not limited to, the uploading or creation of computer viruses.
- Attempt to circumvent security measures on or unauthorized entry to school or remote computers, networks, information, or communications devices;
- Unauthorized use or distribution of user passwords, copyrighted material, or material protected as a trade secret;
- Use of abusive or otherwise objectionable language;
- Transmission of inaccurate, threatening, harassing, or obscene material;
- Forgery of electronic mail messages;
- Unauthorized examination, modification, deletion, transmission, or duplication of files and/or data belonging to another user;
- Accessing information unsuitable in the
educational setting. Any expenses incurred by
virtue of violations of this policy are the sole
responsibility of the individual.
Any unacceptable use, as described above, will result in cancellation of student network privileges and will subject the student to appropriate disciplinary action ranging from admonition and warning to suspension and/or expulsion.